Search found 11 matches

by Irwin
Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:25 pm
Forum: Examples
Topic: Creating COM modules/ActiveX controls in X# for use from other languages
Replies: 5
Views: 197

Re: Creating COM modules/ActiveX controls in X# for use from other languages

Hi everybody, Hope this guide explains the steps necessary to expose a .NET control to COM, making it accessible from environments like Visual FoxPro/VO/VB6, etc. The example focuses on creating a custom button control. Step 1: Define the Control’s Interfaces When exposing a control via COM, ...
by Irwin
Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:16 am
Forum: XSharp Tools Library
Topic: EntityViewer Plugin
Replies: 4
Views: 155

Re: EntityViewer Plugin

By the way Chris, which is the proper way to pipe my plugins? I use this method: 1. Create the class in a separate file eg: MyCustomToolPad.prg 2. Create a class that inherits from Plugin 2.1 Create an atribute of type MyCustomToolPad eg: oCustomToolPad 2.2 Create an instance of MyCustomToolPad in ...
by Irwin
Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:29 am

Re: EntityViewer Plugin

Thanks Chris, it worked!
by Irwin
Mon Sep 09, 2024 9:08 pm

EntityViewer Plugin

Hi Chris, I'm trying to build an Entity Viewer Plugin but I can't detect when a file is opened in order to update my plugin internal entity listbox and refresh the Pad. Here's what I got so far... USING Xide.PluginSystem USING System.Drawing USING System.Windows.Forms CLASS EntityViewerPad INHERIT ...
by Irwin
Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:50 pm
Forum: Product
Topic: String literal with special symbols inside
Views: 203

Re: String literal with special symbols inside

Hi Chris, In my case, the content inside TEXT/ENDTEXT should be treated as a literal string because I'm not specifying the TEXTMERGE command to parse what it is between angle brackets <<...>> For example: TEXT TO lcString <<hello>> END TEXT ?lcString // this prints out <<hello>> VAR hello := "hello ...
by Irwin
Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:59 am
Topic: String literal with special symbols inside
Views: 203

String literal with special symbols inside

Hi there, I'm getting the error XS9002: Parser: unexpected input '{' in this line of code: VAR lcMacro := "IMPLEMENT_OLECREATE(<<class>>, <<external_name>>, 0x{0:X8}, 0x{1:X4}, 0x{2:X4}, 0x{3:X2}, 0x{4:X2}, 0x{5:X2}, 0x{6:X2}, 0x{7:X2}, 0x{8:X2}, 0x{9:X2}, 0x{10:X2});" Note that is a literal string ...
by Irwin
Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:05 pm
Topic: Session proposals for the X# Summit
Replies: 13
Views: 745

Re: Session proposals for the X# Summit

Hi Chris, This is my custom list: 1. SDK projects, Multi Targeting and Creating Nuget packages 2. Using X# to the max (including the Plugin system) 3. Using XIDE to the max: 4. X# Notebooks 5. VFP Migration 6. Using your own Cloud database 7. PowerShell as the X# developers best friend 8. Creating ...
by Irwin
Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:05 am
Forum: Visual FoxPro
Topic: SqlExec() is alive!!!!
Views: 2231

Re: SqlExec() is alive!!!!

易文翰 Can you give an example of the query that you are using? Robert Hi @Robert, sure. LOCAL lnHandle := SQLSTRINGCONNECT("Driver={SQL Server};Server=the_server;Database=the_db;Uid=sa;Pwd=secret;") AS LONG IF lnHandle > 0 TRY VAR lnResult := SQLEXEC(lnHandle, "SELECT top 10 * FROM sometable", "cu ...
by Irwin
Sun Jul 21, 2024 10:27 am
Topic: SqlExec() is alive!!!!
Views: 2231

Re: SqlExec() is alive!!!!

1. I'm using 2.20.0.3 and SQLEXEC() always returns -1 even when the query is ok. @robert Is that a bug? 2. SQLEXEC() just works with the old SQL Server driver, I'm testing it against the following drivers: 1. SQL Server -> Works 2. SQL Server Native Client 10.0 -> Does not work 3. SQL Server Native ...
by Irwin
Thu Jul 11, 2024 7:15 am
Topic: TEXT TO varName NOSHOW TEXTMERGE
Replies: 3
Views: 401

Re: TEXT TO varName NOSHOW TEXTMERGE

Thanks @robert,

I've created the issue.