Search found 12 matches

by WillNitschke
Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:33 am
Forum: 3rd party products
Topic: ADS 5068 AE_NO_CURRENT_RECORD ERROR on append()
Replies: 5
Views: 2032

ADS 5068 AE_NO_CURRENT_RECORD ERROR on append()

My reply is not going to be overly helpful but it is what it is. We have seen this error in our own error logs infrequently, typically at specific sites only, using the ADS Client Engine API. Our best guess is it relates to a communication failure of some type between client and server.
by WillNitschke
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:38 am
Forum: Welcome
Topic: Introduction - CAPITAL Software (XHarbour)
Replies: 38
Views: 12270

Introduction - CAPITAL Software (XHarbour)

<t>Terry,<br/> <br/> Given how fast modern CPU's are and also I'm expecting X# to run faster than XHarbour as code can be closer to 'native' than p-code, and on top of the fact that I'm writing business code, performance in that regard is of no concern to me. All the bottlenecks are going to come ...
by WillNitschke
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:34 am

<r>Wolfgang,<br/> <QUOTE><s>[quote]</s>about "drop in a folder and run" is not only true for XHarbour, but also for VO and X# applications.<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE> That sounds very encouraging, but surely you have to at least install the .NET framework the app is built around or is that an invalid ...
by WillNitschke
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:30 pm

<t>Terry,<br/> <br/> Not sure what to make of your reply but thanks anyway. Unfortunately I can only do one thing at a time, so everything initially is going to be about proof of concept. I need to establish first how easy, or complex, it is to generate binaries that I can run. What the dependencies ...
by WillNitschke
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:45 pm

Hi Chris,

Great, thanks for the tips.
by WillNitschke
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:49 am

<t>Thanks again for the information Wolfgang. Would you have a link to XIDE as a Neeva search produced lots of hits for XIDE Chris Pyrgas, but not what I was looking for...? It sounds like it is definitely worth looking into, especially if I can compile and run code straight from the editor.<br ...
by WillNitschke
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:15 pm

<t>Sorry Wolfgang for the (all) newbie questions. I assume XIDE is some kind of alternate editor which I can still use to compile X# code?<br/> <br/> If I wanted to get my head around the VS IDE as my primary objective, should I bite the bullet and dive into VS or can I achieve same or similar with ...
by WillNitschke
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:11 pm

<t>Thanks for that Volkmar. I wasn't aware there was an X# extension but to be honest I didn't look. I did look for an xHarbour extension and found one, and have been playing with that. The syntax highlighting for that looks very good. I am assuming that there would be a lot of overlap with X# here ...
by WillNitschke
Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:07 pm

<t>Thanks Robert, I'm aware of that. I assumed, however, given that the on-line doc's frequently reference VS and VS Code simultaneously, that there is some overlap in terms of functionality. (Maybe I'm wrong.) Even though I'm a Clipper/xHarbour developer with over 30 years of development experience ...
by WillNitschke
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:28 am

<t>Wolfgang, Uwe,<br/> <br/> Thank you very much for your detailed replies. I'm going to have to read Uwe's "our story" several times at least.<br/> <br/> At this stage I am firmly in the tyre kicker camp. I began working with Visual Studio Code for the first time today, just to get used to the ...