Search found 28 matches

by DexterZ
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:23 pm
Forum: Visual FoxPro
Topic: Reporting
Replies: 18
Views: 3148

Reporting

<t>ATM here's my work around to run FoxyPreviewer "inside" winform.<br/> <br/> 1. Install VFP9 runtime only.<br/> 2. Still the report designing of FRX needs to be done in VFP T_T.<br/> 3. Call or host the reporting inside Winform app using Process.<br/> <br/> It looks seamless and integrated inside ...
by DexterZ
Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:39 am
Forum: Chit-Chat
Topic: Is this possible on CDX ?
Replies: 20
Views: 6181

Is this possible on CDX ?

Thanks guyz, everything is taking noted ^_^y
by DexterZ
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:53 pm

<t>Hello Sir Wolfgang,<br/> <br/> Thanks for the reply and sad at the same time because it's not possible T_T does VO or X# RDD source code on CDX manipulation open too ?<br/> <br/> I just want to study it or most likely convert it to C#, I know xHarbour is open source with it's CDX functionally but...
by DexterZ
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:23 pm

<t>Hello X#Devs,<br/> <br/> I'm just wondering if this is possible, using DBFCDX functionality but the operation is on CDX file only. I just wanted to use the CDX as my key value pair file storage with insert,update and deletion operation on the CDX file only, not on DBF.<br/> <br/> If not possible,...
by DexterZ
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:25 pm
Topic: VFP9 with CDX concerns ?
Replies: 33
Views: 6127

VFP9 with CDX concerns ?

<r><QUOTE author="Karl-Heinz"><s>[quote="Karl-Heinz"]</s><QUOTE author="DexterZ"><s>[quote="DexterZ"]</s> The problem only arises when I used a DBF file<I><s>[i]</s> that has<e>[/i]</e></I> a CDX file, REPLACE command is <I><s>[i]</s>not suffice<e>[/i]</e></I>. and I <I><s>[i]</s>need add<e>[/i]</e>...
by DexterZ
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:18 pm

VFP9 with CDX concerns ?

<r><I><s>[i]</s>"Presently in VFP, as soon as you issue REPLACE command, the data is written to file right then (unless Table Buffering is used). To delay that write-to-disk operation at all would not be in line with how VFP works now, <br/> and it could have effects on VFP apps, as you never know w...
by DexterZ
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:11 pm

VFP9 with CDX concerns ?

Hi Karl,

FLUSH is more on OS disk caching, while COMMIT is internal to application saving scheme ^_^y

Dex
by DexterZ
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:05 pm

VFP9 with CDX concerns ?

<r>Hi Matt,<br/> <br/> The problem is if I use a DBF file <B><s>[b]</s>without<e>[/b]</e></B> a CDX file, I <B><s>[b]</s>don't<e>[/b]</e></B> need to add <B><s>[b]</s>COMMIT<e>[/b]</e></B> and <B><s>[b]</s>CLOSE<e>[/b]</e></B>. the <B><s>[b]</s>REPLACE<e>[/b]</e></B> command reflect the changes to t...
by DexterZ
Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:37 pm

VFP9 with CDX concerns ?

<t>YAY! You hit the nail on the head Karl! ^_^Y<br/> <br/> The thing is COMMIT and CLOSE are not necessary in FoxBase/FoxPro/VFP to reflect the changes, the reason I didn't think to add commit and close ; ) good to know it's needed in X#<br/> <br/> Thank you guyz for all the help,<br/> <br/> Dex<br/...
by DexterZ
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:44 am

VFP9 with CDX concerns ?

<r>Hello Johan,<br/> <br/> <B><s>[b]</s>[ "Only real problem I see with your original code is the REPLACE command" ]<e>[/b]</e></B><br/> <br/> If I run the code below using Foxpro Console Application solution with the attached DBF/CDX ( kindly use my attachement replied to Chris) and browse it, the ...