Soon to say goodbye.

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
Chris

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Chris »

I did use it as well! Although I wasn't sure if it was you that wrote it, I met so many Mathias's over the years, maybe it would be better if you had named it "HakanssonSLE" :). In any case, very nice work!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Karl-Heinz

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Karl-Heinz »

MathiasHakansson wrote:Karl-Heinz. Nice to hear that someone is still using MathiasSLE besides myself. I did MathiasSLE about 20 years ago so it's surprising that someone even remembers it. Claudio DiNucci from Italy helped a lot when doing the tricky parts about editing numerics with picture clauses.

/Mathias
Hi Mathias,

Although your class is 20 years old, the behavior when entering especially float numbers is still unbeaten. Yes, there are some tricky parts, but the X# runtime even knows _GetStringDXAX() ;-). The only problems have been the two PTR ( _cast , <string> ) and that a .net assign doesn´t return a value. Sure, there are still some tests to do, but it looks very good.

BTW. When I look at the last history entry:

[...]
1998-05-05 or 05.05.98 :-)
Now supports dates with pictures containing decimal points (.).
very small change in the decimalpos access.
[...]

is there a newer version available ? - though i can't imagine how to make it even more better :-)

regards
Karl-Heinz
Karl-Heinz

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Chris wrote:I did use it as well! Although I wasn't sure if it was you that wrote it, I met so many Mathias's over the years, maybe it would be better if you had named it "HakanssonSLE" :). In any case, very nice work!
ok, now there are at least 3 :-)
MathiasHakansson

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by MathiasHakansson »

Karl-Heinz: That's the first item. The last is
2002-10-01
Using the + and - did not work on an empty date.

If you don't have the latest version it can be found here:
https://www.elecosoft.se/refDok/produkt ... iasSLE.zip

/MathiasH
wriedmann

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Mathias,

it would be a good idea to transport this code to WinForms and WPF....

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
MathiasHakansson

Soon to say goodbye.

Yes Wolfgang, I agree. It sounds like Karl-Heinz already has. You are free to do so if you want. I don't have X# installed so I can't do it, at least not in the near future.

/Mathias
wriedmann

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Mathias,

since X# is open source and there is a free version, nothing can stop you from installing and using it on your private machine....

Wolfgang
P.S. I don't know if Karl-Heinz has moved it "only" to the VO GUI classes with X#... If you agree, I will try to adapt it for WPF.
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Karl-Heinz

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Karl-Heinz »

wriedmann wrote: P.S. I don't know if Karl-Heinz has moved it "only" to the VO GUI classes with X#... If you agree, I will try to adapt it for WPF.
Hi Wolfgang,

Yes, i´m talking about the X# VO GUI only. IMO it makes no sense trying to customize the code for a winform edit control or WPF. There are far too many dependencies to VO-specific edit internals.

@Mathias
thanks, later on i'll feed the compiler with the new version.

regards
Karl-Heinz
MathiasHakansson

Soon to say goodbye.

@Karl-Heinz
There is a really big chance that it is the same version that you are already using. Nothing has changed since 2002 or so.

/Mathias
lumberjack

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by lumberjack »

Karl-Heinz wrote:
wriedmann wrote: P.S. I don't know if Karl-Heinz has moved it "only" to the VO GUI classes with X#... If you agree, I will try to adapt it for WPF.
Yes, i´m talking about the X# VO GUI only. IMO it makes no sense trying to customize the code for a winform edit control or WPF. There are far too many dependencies to VO-specific edit internals.
Karl-Heinz, have you looked at Willie Moore's rightSLE, he did it for WinForm and WPF as well. Maybe you can get some ideas how he did it. I see it is available on his website.