X# VS integration changes

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
JohnBonnett88

X# VS integration changes

Post by JohnBonnett88 »

Hi All,

I think a recent update to VS has broken some of the X# integration.

Yesterday I upgraded my VS to Visual Studio Professional 2022 (64-bit) - Version 17.11.0

Before that I had some Format options on the Edit menu when looking at an X# document, as follows:
On the Edit/Advanced menu in VS I used to have two entries Format Document (Ctrl+K Ctrl+D) and Format Selection (Ctrl-K Ctrl+F)

I have been used to using that Format Document option to automatically indent C# documents and only recently discovered that it worked on X# too, but it has now stopped for X# documents with this VS update, so I thought I should let people know. The options are still there for C# documents.

Best Regards,
John
robert

Re: X# VS integration changes

Post by robert »

John,
Thanks for the report.
It looks like Microsoft has changed something without notifying the 3rd party.
I'll take a look at this.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
JohnBonnett88

Post by JohnBonnett88 »

Robert,

Another thing I noticed is that the buttons to comment out and uncomment a block of code are now greyed out, so something has changed there too.

John
Juliet46780

Post by Juliet46780 »

hey it sems like the recent Visual Studio update might have afected the X# integration, especialy the formating options.i recomend checking if the X# extension is stil enabled in Visual Studio.sometimes, updates can reset setings or disable extension.if the isue persist, consider reporting it on the X# forum or checking for any updates from the X# team.they might have a fix or workaround for this! :-)