Soon to say goodbye.

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.
MathiasHakansson

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by MathiasHakansson »

@Wolfgang.
I have found that the standard TextBox control in .net is not that bad. it listens to the numerical format that you have assignes to it and that's good enough for most business use. It does not have a picture clause that is equally easy to use, but in most cases you only want standard behaviour.

/MathasH
wriedmann

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by wriedmann »

Hi Matthias,

the standard textbox control works for users that have never used VO or Clipper applications with their picture clauses.
But if you are working in a accounting software, support for pictures like in VO is really helpful.
I have that on my todo list for years now..... for both WinForms and WPF.
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Riedmann
Meran, South Tyrol, Italy
wolfgang@riedmann.it
https://www.riedmann.it - https://docs.xsharp.it
Karl-Heinz

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Mathias,

the newer version works very well. It seems that it does not matter what type of VO code you pass to the X# compiler and X# runtime - it works !. At the weekend I´ll upload a X# Sle-App that proves that once again :-).

regards
Karl-Heinz
MathiasHakansson

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by MathiasHakansson »

@Karl-Heinz
Nice!
Chris

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Chris »

Karl-Heinz wrote:Hi Mathias,

the newer version works very well. It seems that it does not matter what type of VO code you pass to the X# compiler and X# runtime - it works !. At the weekend I´ll upload a X# Sle-App that proves that once again :-).

regards
Karl-Heinz
This is a really nice compliment, thanks :)
We have put so much effort into this, to try and make X# compile as much existing code as possible without (or with minor) changes. Usually it's hard to demonstrate this, but glad it's apparent in this case!
Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Karl-Heinz

Soon to say goodbye.

Post by Karl-Heinz »

@all

the attached XIDE App requires the X# Runtime and the X# VO-Dlls. The used #ifdef statements and the __XSHARP__ compiler macro separates the X# changes, so the code in the ClassMathiasSle.prg compiles with VO too. In the app you can compare how a Mathias Sle and a VO standard sle handle the input of a integer and a float number. I´m using the MathiasSle since many, many years and for sure, i´ll use it as long as i´ll use the x# VO-Dlls :-)

regards
Karl-Heinz
Attachments

[The extension viaef has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]