Indexing Problem with Logic and Date

Public support forum for peer to peer support with related to the Visual Objects and Vulcan.NET products
lumberjack

Post by lumberjack »

Hi Karl-Heinz,
Karl-Heinz wrote: i think the createorder() index expression must be "Dtos(Jobdate)", otherwise the dates are not sorted. BTW: I never use Dtoc(), but Dtos() to build a date index.
Yes you are correct, DtoC() can have strange effects since it is dependent on the DateFormat. All my date index expressions are done with DtoS() when I still use DBF.

I did not omit it intentionally, was a bit of oversight on my side, since in the context I thought it was not the order which caused issues but the "FOR" condition of the subsequent orders that Jeff wanted to create. I will correct my answers to reflect it. Thanks!

Post by BiggyRat »

Thanks guys. Up until towards the end (before posting here) I was using DTOS, but thought as it was MYLtoC, maybe I'd have more luck with DtoC (thought maybe something in String/Character conversion perhaps. Just clutching at straws by that stage )

Thank you very much again Johan, Karl-Heinz and Wolfgang. I've taken all your advice and suggestions onboard (as I always do). It's been extremely helpful. Thank you.
BiggyRat

Post by BiggyRat »

Thanks guys. Up until towards the end (before posting here) I was using DTOS, but thought as it was MYLtoC, m s the id have more luck with DtoC (thought maybe something in String/Character conversion perhaps. Just clutching at straws by that stage )

Thank you very much again Johan, Karl-Heinz and Wolfgang. I've taken all your advice and suggestions onboard. It's been extremely helpful. Thank you.