FPT bug or not

This forum is meant for questions and discussions about the X# language and tools
FFF

FPT bug or not

Post by FFF »

Chris,
the "response" checker fixed the Start problem, thx!
This corrected, i'm back to "compilation failed", Output window is empty.
Using Xide 1.31 with the X# build from yesterday, 2.11.0.1.
Regards
Karl
(on Win8.1/64, Xide32 2.20, X#2.20.0.3)
Karl-Heinz

FPT bug or not

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Chris,

Aaah, thanks. It seems that I unintentionally clicked the "Response file only" checkbox.

About the described WAIT behaviour: The X# version i´m using is 2.11.0.1 + XIDE 1.31 and my "Output" window is empty. Is there a newer version available for download ?

regards
Karl-Heinz
Chris

FPT bug or not

Post by Chris »

Guys,

Hmm, this is strange, with this X# build, you should be getting the same message as I do.
Maybe I am missing something obvious though, will try to figure out what it could be..

Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Karl-Heinz

FPT bug or not

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Chris,

Just a guess ... maybe the preprocessor isn´t up to date in the published 2.11.0.1 build ?

regards
Karl-Heinz
Chris

FPT bug or not

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl-Heinz,

I'm also using the same build right now, used the same installer that you did! Must be something else...

Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team
chris(at)xsharp.eu
robert

FPT bug or not

Post by robert »

Karl-Heinz,
there is no separate preprocessor component. It is an integral part of the compiler (and the macro compiler)
Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Karl-Heinz

FPT bug or not

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Guys,

I installed the 2.11.0.1 on my win10 machine, and the result is the same: "compilation failed". Honestly, i don´t get it why this error is shown on Karls machine and mine, and not on the machines of the devteam ?

i installed the 2.10c and the error thrown is: XS9002: Parser: unexpected input '_wait' ......
robert

FPT bug or not

Post by robert »

Karl-Heinz,
I did not test this yet.
However I understand why the WAIT command does not work after the END FUNCTION, because the UDC gets translated to an expression statement and the END FUNCTION closes the Start FUNCTION so the compiler does not expect any statements there.

Robert
XSharp Development Team
The Netherlands
robert@xsharp.eu
Chris

FPT bug or not

Post by Chris »

Hi Karl-Heinz,

XIDE reports this message with no other information, when the compiler process returns a non-zero exit code and no other information, or when it fails to compile resources or licenses, or when a plugin explicitly does not allow the app to compile, but I do not think any of the above apply here.

Can you please try to build the same code with VS, what do you get? If there's strange behavior also from VS, then please also try compiling form the command prompt.

Chris Pyrgas

XSharp Development Team
chris(at)xsharp.eu
Karl-Heinz

FPT bug or not

Post by Karl-Heinz »

Hi Chris,

Ii created a VS app with the same source code and the errors XS9002 and XS9111 are shown
The same errors are shown when I compile the rsp file created by XIDE in the command prompt.

i hope the content of both attached pngs are readable.

The question is: Why do i see inside XIDE the "compilation failed" error instead of the 2 errors ?

Regards
Karl-Heinz
Attachments
Wait2.png
Wait2.png (70.85 KiB) Viewed 405 times
WAIT.png
WAIT.png (64.48 KiB) Viewed 405 times